July 10, 2012
At the Rally for Healthcare Independence held at the Oklahoma State Capitol on July 7, 2012, Amanda Teegarden, Exec. Director of OK-SAFE Oklahomans for Sovereignty and Free Enterprise, listed some of the injuries and usurpation committed by our elected officials. These are all worth a closer look and I have taken the liberty of adding links that reinforce or expand on the points she made.
Listen to Amanda Teegarden’s speech;
Transcript of speech;
1. “We have experienced the refusal by our elected officials to hear and advance legislation requested by “We the People” of their own home districts. Instead, these same officials have chosen to ridicule the people of their districts, manipulate the legislative process, make false statements about time constraints, ignore their own House rules, all the while justifying their actions.”
2. “Our officials have continued to grow government by the establishment of an ever increasing number of authorities, boards, commissions and trusts. These are called the ABC’s. These unelected bodies consist of people appointed from a small pool of political insiders. These entities meet in private and make rules that govern the rest of us, favor their friends with contracts, they are accountable to no one and do not represent or serve the people of Oklahoma. These unelected bodies can solicit and receive federal grants, award contracts, issue bonds and incur debt that the rest of us have to guarantee.”
(ABC’s Click on the picture below if you would like to take a gander at the mind boggling number of Agencies, Boards and Commissions that exist in our state to manage just about every facet of our lives.)
3. “Our Elected officials, while claiming to be for limited government and reduced taxation, have worked to increase the size and scope of state government by implementation of something called Public-Private Partnerships. This corrupt ménage-a-trois is the model for the so-called New Economy – it marries Government with Industry and Academia. This European model is exclusionary in practice and is funded by the backs of the people in the form increased government spending and taxes, bonds, and tax credits for the government partners.
4.“Our Elected officials have increased the financial burden of the people of Oklahoma by approving ever-increasing state budgets – now at a whopping $6.8 billion for 2012.”
5. ‘Our Elected officials have levied taxes in a stealth manner – calling them fees instead. One such fee increased by 300% in one fell swoop. Officials justified this action by stating that “the fee had not been increased in a while”’
6. “Our Elected officials have continued to grow government by the establishment of an ever increasing number of A, B, Cs – Authorities, Boards, Commissions, and Trusts.
-These unelected bodies consist of people appointed from a small pool of political insiders. These entities meet in private, make rules that govern the rest of us, favor their friends with contracts. They are accountable to no one, and do not represent or serve the People of Oklahoma.
– These unelected bodies can solicit and receive federal grants, award contracts, issue bonds, and incur debt that the rest of us have to guarantee.
– One such entity is the Oklahoma Health Information Exchange Trust, or OHIET. Have you ever heard of the OHIET? They’re busy laying the foundation for “ObamaCare” in the state of OK, using Stimulus money and federal grants to do so, awarding contracts to companies their members have vested interests in.
-Authorities, Boards, Commissions, and Trusts are the unelected “fourth branch of government” – advancing the interests of the rich and powerful, not the people of Oklahoma.”
7. “Agents and Agencies of our State Government are busy Reinventing that traditional institution – transforming the state of Oklahoma from a representative Republic -a government of, for, and by the people – toward a “Governance” model. The state and its agencies are to be managed by a “technocratic elite” for the use and benefit of certain corporations and the progressives in both parties.
–This reinvention is being spearheaded by at least one recently instituted cabinet position – namely the Office of the Chief Information Officer. This agency is busy consolidating and concentrating power into the hands of a very few agents. Welcome to Government 2.0! Welcome to Technocracy! Governance by “Experts”!”
8. “This state has entered into information-sharing compacts that allow the transmittal of highly personal information about you – your health, school, and work, your life and lifestyle choices, how many fruits and vegetables you eat and whether or not you exercise. This information is being shared across jurisdictions, across state lines, with the federal government, and with others unknown to us. All without the people’s informed consent.”
The assaults on Liberty continue with:
9. The stealth implementation of the REAL ID Act, creating a de-facto national – no, international -identification card, one that requires:
– The collection of personally identifiable biometric information
– Facial recognition quality photos on our drivers licenses and IDs
– And by refusing to pass the legislation that would have prohibited RFID tags in the OK drivers licenses!
10. “The forced installation of Smart Meters on our homes, in furtherance of the global Smart Grid
-These meters serve to monitor every activity inside our homes.
11. Oklahoma State officials have now allowed DRONEs to fly over Oklahoma – for surveillance of its own people. This is an inappropriate use of the military’s war fighting surveillance technologies. We are not the enemy! Those same officials are praising the deployment of drones on U.S. soil as evidence of ‘job creation'”
12. “Our Elected officials just this year put a cap on the use of freshwater in this state. Called the Water for 2060 Act, this law says that “the public policy of this state is to establish and work toward a goal of consuming no more fresh water in the year 2060 than is consumed statewide in the year 2012”; How are we to live, grow and prosper with such an egregious and arbitrary cap on freshwater usage?”
13. “Finally, our elected officials have been implementing, while denying that they are doing so, all the provisions of “ObamaCare” in the state of Oklahoma.”
They have allowed for the creation and advancement of an electronic health record on every single person, whether they wanted one or not.
– This electronic health record begins at birth with an electronic birth certificate, tracks us through school, into our work, and makes record of our lifestyle choices – virtually our every activity. This record continues until we’re dead, making “health care reform” truly cradle-to-grave.
– Health care reform allows for “human subject research” without the knowledge or the informed consent of the person.
– These electronic health records link the patient, the provider and the payer together – in a nationwide – correction! In a global health information network.
– Our Elected officials have continued to work to establish an “ObamaCare” insurance exchange in Oklahoma. These insurance exchanges completely redesign the insurance industry market and insert a middle man into the traditional business model. The end result will be increased costs for all of us.
– Our Elected officials have claimed that they can establish a “state-based exchange”, one that is different from the federal government’s version. What they are not telling the people is that there is only one way an exchange will work – and that is the federal way. Oklahoma has been laying the groundwork for this for years – is it likely they’ll abandon that now?
– Despite the people saying NO to the exchanges, there are still those who continue to press for their establishment in this state.
(Health Care Reform Defined)
14. The burdens on the people of Oklahoma are already great – we can carry no more. Whether by Compact or by Tax we must not implement ObamaCare!”